Let’s combat discrimination and build professional capacity to better meet the needs of intersex persons!
BRING-In is a ground breaking initiative that aims at enhancing the visibility of intersex people, as well as at promoting intersex equality in Greece, Hungary, UK and Bulgaria by educating social and healthcare professionals, while raising public awareness and advocating for tackling the human rights violations that intersex people face.
- Are you an intersex person or parent who wants your voice to be heard and combat Intersex discrimination?
- Are you a social or healthcare professional involved in intersex treatment (e.g. social worker, psychiatrist, medical/paramedical personnel)?
- Are you a representative of an organization supporting LGBTI+ people and defending their human rights?
- Are you a representative of a public authority, equality body or employee involved in policy making in the field of intersex rights?
- Are you an academic expert or researcher specialized in LGBTI+/gender issues?
- Are you committed to promoting intersex equality?
Join our efforts to BRING-In positive change!
How will you be involved?
- As a social or healthcare professional, you will be trained and be better educated on how to recognize, prevent and combat intersex discrimination and gain increased knowledge and understanding about the needs of intersex people.
- As an NGO/civil society representative, expert or policy maker you will have the chance to be better informed about intersex issues through our newsletters, website and social media. You will also have the opportunity to participate in info-days, advocacy meetings and our final conference, leading the change so as to tackle once and for all discriminatory attitudes towards intersex people, through better policies and concrete action.
- As an intersex person, a parent or a person concerned with human rights, you will participate in targeted informational and awareness raising activities that enhance your knowledge and help spread the word to promote intersex equality.